series 3 Ontario

Lazair Parts for sale

Postby peter » Fri Jun 11, 2010 12:39 am

Here's the bargain of the week....Dale George's exellent ser. 3 Totally rebuilt engines in a Rotax shop, just installed.... exellent tedlar, good airframe and p-tip props!!!!! ....wish I had a spare 3 grand...I'd fly it home tomorrow....This plane is way underpriced

http://cgi.ebay.ca/Lazair-Series-III-Ul ... 5fAircraft

Talked to Dale yesterday....He's not too happy about selling this toy
Cheers...............Pete

SOLD 6-15-10 $5100
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
peter
Popular Lazair Member

Postby Don » Sun Jun 13, 2010 10:04 am

Looks like Dale has a fair amount of interest in his Series III, and might generate a price more appropreate for what a nice Lazair is worth. The worldwide shipping opens up a lot of possibilies for others who've "caught the bug" to enjoy the Lazair experience. Good luck Dale.
Don
Don
Popular Lazair Member

Postby Shannon » Sun Jun 13, 2010 12:04 pm

You should pick it up Pete. Lets look at this objectively. Carbon Fiber P-tips $700 (plus shipping), "New" covering/tapes/labour $1000, Rebuilt engines $300-500 ea., CDI's $300+ ea. US, Carb $75ea. Fuel lines, wires, seat belt, tank, ect $200 plus any spare parts or included instruments. This basically equates to a FREE no damage history hangar-stored Lazair airframe to go along with all the new stuff. This Lazair has a value of approx. $6000+ (US) in my opinion.
Shannon
SHANNON

Postby peter » Sun Jun 13, 2010 10:21 pm

I know I should buy it Shannon...if for no other reason than to trade off the props....it's only a an hour and twenty min. away from my strip too...I've flown there and back for his last two Lazair flyins....I'd have two really good planes ....man it's awfully tempting.......I'd have to resell Dale's, but it should still bring over 3 grand.....You are certainly correct about the pricing of these planes....
I'm picking up a pair of CNC'd hubs tomorrow to install the Clark props on the clones....I'm reasonably sure they will give me the performance of the rotax's....I'll keep you all informed...............cheers......Pete
peter
Popular Lazair Member

Postby Shannon » Mon Jun 14, 2010 7:38 am

I'd expect the price to go pretty high. This plane is not a fixer-upper like many which are worth something in 3K range.
Shannon
SHANNON

Postby yankeflyer » Mon Jun 14, 2010 6:32 pm

Wow what a find - what a toy to have to give up, hope my tax rebate check doesn`t come tomorrow. Somebodys going to be happy this time tomorrow.

Miles
yankeflyer
LazairNUT

Postby yankeflyer » Tue Jun 15, 2010 8:14 pm

Well done - I watch the ebay ultralight market everyday - this sale was a market high and still an enviable price for the plane if there are anymore out there.
yankeflyer
LazairNUT

Return to Lazair parts for sale