One Thousand Posts!

Tell all about your Lazair
Post pics --
After a while we wil streamline the forums and see what is most popular.
Want you own forum ? Let us know.

Postby uscgairdale » Tue May 25, 2010 8:22 pm

For whatever reason, I just noticed that Shannon has posted his 1,000th post. That's a lot of time spent pounding on his keyboard and sharing his knowledge with the rest of us, so thank you Shannon.

Dave
uscgairdale
LazairNUT

Postby Shannon » Wed May 26, 2010 9:29 am

Holy Smokes ! That's entirely too much posting of stuff here. I need to cut back !

Thanks Dave
Shannon
SHANNON

Postby russell » Wed May 26, 2010 11:34 am

Hey Dave, one can do that when you've got Shannon's big bucks and don't have to work!
russell
LazairNUT

Postby Shannon » Wed May 26, 2010 5:35 pm

Boy if that were the truth I'd have it made ! So Russell any progress on repairs ? Last word you were working on D-cell skin repair correct ?
Shannon
SHANNON

Postby peter » Thu May 27, 2010 12:15 am

Thanks for sharing your expertice and knowledge Shannon...I know I certainly appreciate and respect it.
Russell.....bring us up to speed on your bird....
Cheers ....Pete
peter
Popular Lazair Member

Postby russell » Thu May 27, 2010 8:13 am

Well, I'm embarrassed and ashamed to admit that work on it has come to a screeching halt now that summer is here. This time of year every three years or so all the accumulated maintenance/repairs to the house and yards takes precidence over fun and this is the year.
To add to my misery my wife has me knee deep in renovating the inside of the house. Actually, in my mind it's more like changing things just to be changing things while all the time I stand and watch my Lazair funds disappear.
I stalled out on glue removal. That one phase of recovering just takes the enthusiasum out of the process. The drilling, cutting and riveting is where the fun is. Not recovering. To me that part is a necessary evil. After 3 and a half times of doing that boring, time consuming and slooooow task over the years it got sorta old. If I can ever hunker down and get that behind me I'll be okay.
Soon I hope. In the mean time I'll have to be satisfied with reading how everyone else here is having fun.
russell
LazairNUT

Postby Shannon » Fri May 28, 2010 8:41 am

Thanks Pete. You know wouldn't it be a shame if the various people who know a few things about Lazairs had just kept to themselves through the years.

Russell sorry to hear things are going slow. If there's anything we can do to help definitely ask. Very true that the recovering process is not fun at all. Real motivation robber. Have you tried the 3M citrus adhesive remover. I've yet to use it myself but I hear it works.
Shannon
SHANNON

Postby russell » Fri May 28, 2010 9:23 am

Thanks for the condolences, a wake is not scheduled at this time. I have a can of 3M Citrus and although it smells a lot better and produces fewer hallucinations and other mind altering highs it falls a tad short of MEK. Still you have to treat it with the same respect as MEK because it will also melt ribs. In my despiration to find a quicker product to use I even considered liquid nitrogen and then I could just chip the glue off in the form of sheets!
russell
LazairNUT

Postby uscgairdale » Sat May 29, 2010 7:22 am

Liquid nitrogen...ow that is thinking outside the box! What's the cost associated with trying that out? Just curious.

I plan to try the 3M adhesize remover that Shorty is recommending. Russell is right about removing all that old tape....it sucks canal water, but it's a necessary evil. I had some good results with a combination of steam and a citrus based cleaner. I didn't really have to worry about any solvents on B034's ribs because they were trashed and I just made new ones. It was still a mess getting all that stuff off though.

Dave
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
uscgairdale
LazairNUT

Return to Pilots Lounge