engines 28/lb-25hp

General Messages Post you pics as well

Postby yankeflyer » Wed Jul 04, 2007 11:14 pm

Cors-Air M25Y - now the question is how much money- :unsure:

Price:
Air cooled M21Y or Black Devil engine retail price: $2,675
:huh:

http://www.aerocorsair.com/id109.htm

new link with more pictures and it is an Italian built and is of JPX line of engines- lot of info at thier web site

Cors-Air M25Y Specifications: Single Cylinder two stroke air
Total displacement: 172,5 cc

Bore: 65 mm
Stroke: 52 mm
Compression ratio: 11:1
Maximum RPM: 7,550
Power: 25 HP at 7,550 RPM
Piston: light alloy with two beveled cast iron, chromium plated rings
Cylinder: light silicon alloy with Cermetal protective coating

Cylinder head: die cast light alloy with high percentage of silicon
Crankcase: molten in S.G-Al Si 5 UNI 3600 alloy
Connecting rod: copper plated steel 18Ni Cr Mo 5 with high speed silver-plated roller bearings
Carburetor: Walbro WB 32
Fuel delivery to the cylinder: four blade reed-valve system connected to the crankcase
Ignition: built in very powerful electronic ignition system with double spark per stroke for better
combustion and safety
Minimum starting RPM: 60
Alternator output at 4,000 RPM: 14,6 V 8 A
Spark plug type: NGK B8ES (for normal or hot climate) and NGK B7ES for cold climate
Reduction: anodized pulleys with Poly "V" belt from 1:1,8 to 1:2,6 or more, depending on the propeller type.
Continuous operating temperature 350-400 degrees F
Fuel: premium only
Oil: fully synthetic at 2,5% during run-in and 2% for normal use
Fuel consumption: from 2,5 to 4,5 liters/hour depending on the propeller size, reduction, load and altitude.
Propeller rotation: counterclockwise
Engine weight without exhaust: air cooled version 13 Kg (28 Lb)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
yankeflyer
LazairNUT

Postby yankeflyer » Fri Jul 06, 2007 6:37 pm

The engineering does not seem to favor either pusher or puller configuration, from what I see in the pictures associated with the reduction gear belt-tightening procedure.
http://www.aerocorsair.com/id140.htm
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
yankeflyer
LazairNUT

Postby lazairkid » Sat Jul 07, 2007 10:41 am

You can contact Alex Varv on the that web page, he can tell you anything you need to know.
That engine is made for the back packs and the cyllinder is set at a angle.
solo or f-36 is going to be the best. cheaper to.
I"m running the solo 210 with hurth f-36 8/1 redrive and 45'' prince props.
At 15hp each for my elite, it has more power then I ever need and a good low gas burn because I don't have to use full power, but it's there if I do.

Lazairkid
lazairkid
LazairNUT

Postby daffy1029 » Sun Jul 08, 2007 5:46 pm

Hi lazairkid,
Did you mean 2.5:1 ratio on your redrive? I flew mine the other day, and when I came in for a landing, people on the ground say that I have a loud chirping sound coming from the engines. So I started one up on the ground and it was ok. I started up the other and at half throttle, it makes that chirping sound, yet the engine runs fine. I had a talk with a former boss at work, and he had some experience in aviation. He thinks it's a loose baffle inside the muffler. He also asked if the EGT temp guage was up. I said no on that particular engine, but it is up on the other. Well things started to make sense now. I bought two aftermarket mufflers to add VW tailpipes to and maybe they aren't up to Solo standards. So I will exchange them for the original Solo mufflers, and see if that makes any differences. Anybody else have a similiar problem? Daffy
daffy1029
LazairNUT

Postby daffy1029 » Tue Jul 10, 2007 11:35 pm

Hi,
I went out today and replaced this set of mufflers with the original Solo mufflers and I am pretty sure now that the chirping sound is gone on the left. I also gained about 200rpm on the other engine, so maybe I have loose baffles in these aftermarket mufflers. Daffy
daffy1029
LazairNUT

Postby lazairkid » Wed Jul 11, 2007 10:19 am

Sorry about that on the redrive, it is a 1.8:1 redrive.
I'm running the solo mufflers right now Daffy
I"m leaving on the solo mufflers until the engines get run in good than
I"ll go back to the ones in the pic to see if there is any change in temps
and RPM's
I;m still down for engine mount mods, so I have not been flying.

Lazairkid
P.S. That movie of the 2-seat was
inspiring, and motivating. B)
lazairkid
LazairNUT

Postby daffy1029 » Thu Jul 12, 2007 9:05 pm

hi lazairkid,
I too had trouble with my mounts. The lord mounts started cracking on the top row only. I had to replace 4 of the 6 on one side and 2 of the 6 on the otherside. These Solo's must really have a lot of kick to them. I am trying to keep the idle up more now, because I think these engines kick more at lower rpm's (and at start-up). Otherwise mine idle very nice, but jump once in a while. That's about 1750 to 2100 rpm. Do you find the Solo mufflers noisier than your homemade one's? I swing a 44" GSC prop with 2.5:1 reduction. At 5000 rpm, I am cuising in hot weather at about 2500 ft asl to around 35 miles per hour. At about 5600 rpm I am just under 50 miles per hour. That's a little slow, what do you think? I now weigh just over 200 lbs which may have some neg effect. :( Anyways, some specs to compare. Daffy
daffy1029
LazairNUT

Postby xgary » Fri Jul 13, 2007 7:13 am

Nice pics guys

The Jpx engines us the standard Lord mounts
6 on top row and 4 on bottom row.

I have at this time about 200 in stock.........
but I had one call yestreday adn he wanted 40 ..

Cost is 8$ each

Shorty
Shorty .............
xgary
LazairNUT

Postby lazairkid » Fri Jul 13, 2007 2:47 pm

Mind was one of the three black engine mounts that attach to the engine and run back to the plate was cracked.
I made new 5/8" mounts that I'm welding up now.
I agree with you on the power of the solo's, I think it's the larger props that
we are running that are making the problems.
Engine shake when I was trying to get the engines tuned up I know was one problem.
I wt 206 so I"m in the same boat, but I can"t give you number yet, stay tuned.
Lazairkid
lazairkid
LazairNUT

Postby yankeflyer » Sat Jul 14, 2007 6:50 pm

Its in French but most of it is numbers in metric and the solo compares favorably.

It doesn`t sound to appealling to think that I am looking for the cheapest engines - but thats what it will take to get in the air.

http://airaile.free.fr/moteur_ulm.htm

right click and there may be a translate to english option-still don`t know how to read the hp numbers -- 15 Cv
yankeflyer
LazairNUT

Next

Return to Lazair - General