A recent flight...

Tell all about your Lazair
Post pics --
After a while we wil streamline the forums and see what is most popular.
Want you own forum ? Let us know.

Postby lazairiii » Mon May 21, 2007 5:39 pm

One last one I missed...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
lazairiii
LazairNUT

Postby Shannon » Wed May 23, 2007 6:34 pm

Very Cool ! Definitely one of the nicest Lazairs out there !
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Shannon
SHANNON

Postby lazairiii » Thu May 24, 2007 10:23 am

Thanks Shannon. It's been a blast building this airplane and certainly now flying it isn't all that bad either.

I appreciate your help and encouragement along the way as well.
lazairiii
LazairNUT

Postby Shannon » Fri May 25, 2007 11:37 am

No, thank you ! It has been a pleasure to see what hard work and perseverance can accomplish when backed up by good information. I don't think the casual observer understands what it took for you to create this plane. I say "create" because this plane was originally an early basic Series 2 kit (for those who didn't know). What you have now is a far cry from that and you should be proud of your accomplishment.
Shannon
SHANNON

Postby lazairiii » Fri May 25, 2007 4:47 pm

You are absolutely correct! Good information certainly is key to a successful outcome on this plane. Fortunatly for me, you and others have been instrumental in providing that for me along the way.

Thanks again to all who have helped me with this project!!! I have learned a great deal building this second Lazair. The first was an incredible experience, but this second one has actually been fun too.

Thanks again and happy and safe flying,
George
lazairiii
LazairNUT

Postby xgary » Fri May 25, 2007 5:59 pm

hell ov a job !!!!!!!!!!
Shorty .............
xgary
LazairNUT

Postby lazflyn » Sun Jun 03, 2007 7:54 pm

George,

I'm so very glad to see that you are up in your Laze. The feeling must be wonderful after all those YEARS of work. And plus it must fly great. I think mine flies great, but yours has to be so much better - just look at it!!!

Guys, I've seen this beauty first hand. It seriously is a work of art. I dread the day our two Lazairs meet and George and I fly together. My bird with probably stick its tail between its legs and sheepishly hide, never to fly again...

Congratulations George.

MarkDJ.

p.s. I went to a cool place last weekend.
lazflyn
Popular Lazair Member

Postby lazairiii » Mon Jun 04, 2007 12:36 am

Mark,

You never cease to amaze me as to where you end up in your Lazair. And you always have the proof to back it up. What an adventure each of your trips must be. To be able to fly all weekend and cover literally hundreds of miles in a Lazair is a feat in and of itself. You must have gotten your rebuilds running really well to feel so confident as to fly where you are. Nice work on the rebuilds and for taking some great pics for us to look at.

I look forward to the day we can fly together and get some air-to-air pics.

George
lazairiii
LazairNUT

Postby flyalaz » Tue Jun 05, 2007 5:13 pm

Hey George,

That is one Fine Looking Plane you have there. I am sure people go Oooh and Aaah when they see that little jem. Nice looking scenery you have to look at too! Now all the hard work has paid off and you get to enjoy all the fruit of your labour.

Mark,

How much added weight have you got strapped on? I also see what looks like a 2 gallon fuel tank on top. Is it full when you leave, or is it for refuel only, and travels that way empty? I ask because I am interested in flying a fair bit more than the 5 gal tank allows, and don't really want to trailer the plane for it.

Cheers,
Karl
flyalaz
LazairNUT

Postby JPXman » Tue Jun 05, 2007 9:21 pm

karl,

myles found, and now we both have, an 8 gallon main tank that fits very nicely behind the seat. fits in the same cradle too. its on my parts page

http://www.monisys.ca/~tparadis/Parts.htm
JPXman
LazairNUT

PreviousNext

Return to Pilots Lounge