Lazair picture from Saskatchewan

Tell all about your Lazair
Post pics --
After a while we wil streamline the forums and see what is most popular.
Want you own forum ? Let us know.

Postby JDlazair » Sun Sep 09, 2007 3:53 pm

Here's my new plane.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
JDlazair
Lazair.com Member

Postby ozzie » Mon Sep 10, 2007 2:07 am

Nice looking Lazair,
So hows it fly without the wing tips?
Ozzie
BLUE SKIES AND FULL TANKS
ozzie
LazairNUT

Postby flyalaz » Mon Sep 10, 2007 4:29 pm

Shouldn't it also be sitting on the tail wheels? Looks like series two but with the nose wheel way up front. CG check?
flyalaz
LazairNUT

Postby JDlazair » Mon Sep 10, 2007 9:55 pm

Shannon threw in the picture of another Lazair, I'm not sure where it is from! As for mine I can't tell you how it flies just yet. But I have seen it fly now for about 15 years, and it flies great, according to the pilots who owned it before me. I would imagine the wing tips would give better aileron control at slower speeds. It used to have the Pioneers on it, then a friend, who owned it at the time, switched over to JPX engines, and moved the landing gear aft 2". The steerable nose wheel is real nice for taxiing, he said it was "point and go" before that.

I'll let you know how I'm making out with my flying lessons. My instructor said the next step is to bunny-hop down the runway. Getting the feel of flight and what it is going to do as it reaches flying speed. I was up to 20 mph yesterday, and I felt it slip to the right a bit, I let of on the throttles, and it settled down again. Man, I want to get up there.

Kelly
JDlazair
Lazair.com Member

Return to Pilots Lounge