Lithium-ion batteries

Tell all about your Lazair
Post pics --
After a while we wil streamline the forums and see what is most popular.
Want you own forum ? Let us know.

Postby yankeflyer » Thu Nov 16, 2006 7:58 pm

Segway may be providing technology that will be applicable in our interest in electric powered lazair's.

Just to add a little more to the electric lazair -- the info below shows promising numbers. EBay even had some batteries for sale and further research on Google shows that Segway has had a huge recall; a situation that might supply inexpensive parts to experiment with. My experience with the lithium-ion battery in my 28volt Milwaukee drill, has impressed me with its power.

The batteries for the segway have an interesting low-profile shape. I just have a feeling the first true electric powered lazair not that far away.

Saphion® lithium-ion batteries. These durable batteries deliver an impressive range of up to 24 miles on a single charge (depending on terrain, riding style and payload). Saphion lithium-ion batteries are low-maintenance, have a long service life and can operate at battery temperatures as low as 14° F / -10° C.
Maximum speed: 12.5 mph / 20 km/h Carrying capacity: 260 lbs / 118 kg
Footprint: 12 x 25 in / 63 x 63 cm
Weight: 105 lbs / 47.7 kg Battery type: Two Saphion® lithium-ion battery packs Battery range: Up to 24 miles / 38 km, depending on terrain and riding style. Motors: Two brushless, DC servomotors
yankeflyer
LazairNUT

Return to Pilots Lounge