Problem posting pictures?

Tell all about your Lazair
Post pics --
After a while we wil streamline the forums and see what is most popular.
Want you own forum ? Let us know.

Postby flyalaz » Fri Sep 15, 2006 3:37 pm

Wow! How much reinforcing was added to the wing for that addition? It would be nice to see the mechanical drawings for that. Was it a successful addition? I have never seen any other like it!

Karl
flyalaz
LazairNUT

Postby Shannon » Fri Sep 15, 2006 5:35 pm

If the 2-seat wings are any indicator I'd say it took minimal modification. Definitely.... I'd love to see how they were actuated myself ? Heck I have no idea how the plane performed ? Maybe we need to look up the cops who flew it and ask them.
Shannon
SHANNON

Postby flyalaz » Fri Sep 15, 2006 6:03 pm

I think you're right. Looks like there's six hinges per side just kind of added on to the trailing edge. Probably just a simple push rod and lock mechanism too.
Was it California where it was used? Would be fun to hear their stories.
flyalaz
LazairNUT

Postby Shannon » Fri Sep 15, 2006 11:54 pm

It would be interesting to know how it was set up. I wonder if Smithsonian would let the plane down so you could "check it out" ... Haa Haa !

The plane was apparently flown by reserve officer Bruce Logan with the Monterey Park, CA police department. At the same time Downey, CA police used an Eipper "Interceptor" flown by officer Mike Carney. There was a bit of a rivalry going on between the departments as to which had the better "ultralight". For whatever reason the program(s) was cancelled. I could be wrong but I seem to remember something about one of the planes landing in a school yard ??

http://ci.monterey-park.ca.us/home/index.asp?page=31
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Shannon
SHANNON

Postby daffy1029 » Sat Sep 16, 2006 10:05 am

Shannon,
I remember hearing the same story, about landing in a school yard. That must have been a wild ride! :blink: Daffy
daffy1029
LazairNUT

Previous

Return to Pilots Lounge