[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
Lazair.com • View topic - My Series III is in Edmonton!

My Series III is in Edmonton!

Tell all about your Lazair
Post pics --
After a while we wil streamline the forums and see what is most popular.
Want you own forum ? Let us know.

Postby JPXman » Sun Aug 08, 2004 9:36 pm

Hi everyone!

Just a quick note to say that thanks to the lazair network of excellent people, I have been reunited with my lazair and trailer after it was brought 4000km to me by another lazairhead. Thanks so much to Alan and Rob Kerr, Dave Herron, Karl Petrouch, and Marc Bourdon for making it all possible, and thanks to all the others who offered to help me in one way or another to move it across the country!

I will begin work now on getting two serviceable engines running, and then taking to the skies over Alberta. Hopefully it will not take too long!

Keep the rubber side down,

Tyler
JPXman
LazairNUT

Postby rayjb60 » Tue Aug 10, 2004 1:30 am

<H5>Nothing is impossible...Even the word tells you Im-Possible!!!</ H5>
rayjb60
LazairNUT

Postby JPXman » Fri Apr 21, 2006 2:21 am

Well it only took 20 months and a lot of work, but I think I can finally call C-IJCP "rebuilt". That is of course after the 14 months i rebuilt it in Ontario before moving it to alberta ;)

I will post a picture once my camera is recharged, but Myles and I went out to the field tonight and I got to just fly around after putting the final tweaks on the carbs, installing the wheel pants, and swapping out some old parts.

All in all, I am jazzed. I will call it a series IIIEC as it does not have every Elite modification. man does it move. Full power on the JPX's with 34x20 props, level flight at 3400 ASL, I indicate 66mph on a pitot-type ASI (factory Orbit Lazair ASI), and that's pretty accurate backed up with my GPS doing upwind and downwind passes. Climb rate isn't the best, 300fpm at best, but i'm weighing in at 260 pounds these days and the plane is around 350 I figure.

If I'm not careful on the descent, it speeds right up to 70mph! that EC really lets it slip through the air.

Pictures to follow.

Tyler

PS: big thanks to Myles (daffy) for all his unending help over the past 2 years, thanks buddy, now lets get your EC in the air and start the first lazair pylon racing team.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
JPXman
LazairNUT

Postby JPXman » Tue Apr 25, 2006 1:47 am

so no sooner do i go for my first "hassle free" flight than I end up also doing my first "which farmers field shall i use for my first forced landing" :)

Yep, planted the lazair nicely into a field of fresh cow patty's :) no damage, just a nice one hour push between landmines back to a fence to get back to airport property. The left engine quit right at the sweet spot on takeoff we all love to look fondly back on as we pass it - well i was nice and personal with that moment yesterday :)

Found out that heavy me, heavy lazair and one JPX running at 4400rpm gives me 100'/min down, no climb whatsoever :) i need bigger props :)

Tyler

PS: I wish i had a picture, but i'll take one from the air next time to describe the scene of the crime
JPXman
LazairNUT

Postby Guest » Tue Apr 25, 2006 12:42 pm

What caused the engine failure ?

Postby Guest » Tue Apr 25, 2006 1:03 pm

What caused the engine out ?

Postby Guest » Tue Apr 25, 2006 1:21 pm

What caused the engine out ?

Postby JPXman » Tue Apr 25, 2006 9:09 pm

my suspicion is fuel starvation due to an emptying fuel bowl on the dell'orto carb, either by a bad venting strategy, a malfunctioning fuel pump (20 years old), or some combination of air bubbles in the lines/leaks.

let the games begin

Tyler
JPXman
LazairNUT

Postby uscgairdale » Wed Apr 26, 2006 5:57 am

Tyler, glad to hear that you are ok....and your EC too. It would have sucked for you to put all that time and effort into it and lose it all on the first flight.

You do know that you're not allowed to ever crack it up because EC's are hard to find, right? (ha ha)

Dave
uscgairdale
LazairNUT

Postby daffy1029 » Wed Apr 26, 2006 6:36 pm

Hi Tyler,
Or maybe old points, condenser, or coils? :rolleyes:
Daffy
daffy1029
LazairNUT

Next

Return to Pilots Lounge