Page 5 of 5

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 5:07 pm
by mochamon
Hey Guys,

I wasn't able to find out the brand name of the boat shrink. It is probably best to just go to a boat shop and ask for some shrink wrap.(just don't tell them why). Apparently you can also use the clear plastic used to cover greenhouses.

PS Will spring/summer ever get here?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 10:30 pm
by barrystrs
The greenhouse fabric, although fine, must be taped on, it does not bond to itself like shrink wrap.

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 4:43 am
by ozzie
G'day all,
a news article came up here today about ten Sea Sprite helicopters that are being shipped back to the US by sea. To protect them they have been wrapped and sealed with the product mentioned in the thread. the wrap is called 'Intercept Technology'
this is the link to the company that did the job.


PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 7:13 am
by Wayne
If you get a hold of the Movie 'Paerl harbour' the special behind the scenes or extra scenes has a part of the making of pearl harbour, there is a guy standing next to a WW11 bird with a butane torch in hand shrink rapping white 'stuff' onto the wing, the owner perhaps wanted the plane protected from sea spray/or not painted ?
So there is probably a movie props company that supplied the stuff, just thought someone might be in the industry or connected to the movie and may possilby know what was used and where to find it.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 1:20 pm
by yankeflyer
Shrinkwrap -- on eBay --

Shrinkwrap -- Google - ... f&oq=&aqi=

The heat gun looks to be the most expensive item in the process.