[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
Lazair.com • View topic - PIC UPLOAD for LEE

PIC UPLOAD for LEE

Tell all about your Lazair
Post pics --
After a while we wil streamline the forums and see what is most popular.
Want you own forum ? Let us know.

Postby lazair » Mon Apr 06, 2009 9:55 am

lazair
LazairNUT

Postby mochamon » Mon Apr 06, 2009 4:51 pm

what a nice looking plane. lol.

thanks for posting my pics Lazair, greatly appreciated.

I am hoping to put it together this friday, anyone else getting theirs ready yet?
mochamon
Lazair.com Member

Postby JPXman » Tue Apr 07, 2009 4:36 pm

i think thats the field i visited last fall, was hosted by sean asselin and the owner and his son who's rebuilding a 2 seater. if you're reading sean, when are you coming out west?

The owner has an EC powered by 3-cyl konig engines......almost sounds as good as my JPXs :)

say hi to everyone for me.

Tyler
Edmonton, AB
JPXman
LazairNUT

Postby uscgairdale » Tue Apr 07, 2009 5:01 pm

An EC with Konigs.......That's always been my dream Lazair!

I have got to see some pictures of that.

Dave A.
uscgairdale
LazairNUT

Postby mochamon » Tue Apr 07, 2009 9:43 pm

Hey Tyler,

You are right, that is the field you visited last year. We met quickly. I had just bought this Lazair one week before your visit. What did you think of the covering? I am hoping to drag them all out to the UPAC Fly In in august, they are having a 30 year anniversary of the Lazair (and they might be flying the replica Silver Dart). Dave, I will do my best to get some photos of Bobs' EC with the engines, it is one sweet looking plane.

Cheers,

Lee
mochamon
Lazair.com Member

Postby Shannon » Wed Apr 08, 2009 8:06 am

Lee I think the covering looks great. Very "nontraditional" but we have to pay attention to all alternatives because of the lack of Tedlar and proper tape.

I can't believe we have not heard a single thing about this covering (and these Lazairs) until now. Come on guys what's the deal, a Konig powered Lazair !! Anyway definitely get more pics.
Shannon
SHANNON

Postby mochamon » Thu Apr 09, 2009 6:41 pm

If you want to get the 'traditional' look you can get the shrink wrap in clear. It will at least give you the appearance of tedlar. I'll get pics out as soon as I can. Tyler, you might want to invite Bob to this site as I think he will have pics of his EC.
mochamon
Lazair.com Member

Postby JPXman » Fri Apr 10, 2009 12:23 am

it seemed that bob and son valued their privacy. they really have a good thing going on. a nice, private airfield with cross runways and full of ultralight activity. when i visited, there were 7 or 8 lazairs buzzing around, it was an amazing few hours. the weather was perfect and bob was a gracious host. brian B was there too test flying someone else's lazair. what a hoot.

I'm pretty sure they are all aware of this website and choose to either lurk or ignore it. whatever blows your hair back. some don't like posting on the internet as it stays there forever (contrary to what some believe). my posts from a newsgroup from 1994 still show up in google, archived by someone in new zealand!

I only took video of the EC, and haven't transferred it to digital yet. i have MANY things to do before i get to do that stuff..............

Tyler
Edmonton, AB
JPXman
LazairNUT

Postby mochamon » Fri Apr 10, 2009 8:24 am

very good point Tyler, I just couldn't help but get caught up in the excitement of it all. :)
mochamon
Lazair.com Member

Postby Shannon » Fri Apr 10, 2009 10:09 am

What kind of warped minds wouldn't want to share about Lazairs HERE on Lazair.com. This is the ONLY Lazair resource on the PLANET. Only communists would lurk around and not leave a mark !

Just imagine if the Cave dwellers of Borneo had this same logic. We would never know they existed. "Hey lets not paint those pictures, lets hide under these rocks lest someone 10,000 years from now know that we existed".
http://ngm.nationalgeographic.com/stati ... /feature2/

OK, anyway I hope that guys aren't "lurking" the site for info and not atleast saying hi. It's not right to use this site for info (and maybe parts) and not contribute something. That's abuse and disregard to everyone who does contribute and share. I bet the lurking will end when there is a small paid membership fee. You want Lazair info send your name, address, and check or you get the boot. That's the way it was with the original Lazair newsletter and it worked great. You wanted to know about Lazairs you paid for it.
Shannon
SHANNON

Next

Return to Pilots Lounge