Billet Aluminum Wheels

Lazair Parts for sale

Postby Banned my Admin » Thu Oct 04, 2007 11:41 am

Banned my Admin
LazairNUT

Postby Chappy » Sat Oct 06, 2007 10:46 pm

Hi Joe,

Those are awesome wheels. I'm amazing anyone would pay that kind of money for them, but then again, if a person made a habit of busting the plastic ones, I could see why they might spring for them. Actually, over inflation has probably ruined far more of the plastic factory wheels than bad landings.

The last photo of a wheel mounted with a plain old wheel barrow tire I'm sure is quite a bit lighter that the earlier shot of a wheel with a highway rated trailer tire. I can't imagine anyone fitting those. Five pounds here, five pounds there, pretty soon you have an Ultralight that won't climb for crap.

Too bad when they made those aluminum wheels they didn't mill them for O rings so you could use tubeless tires. That would make up some for the additional weight of the wheels.

Chappy
Chappy
LazairNUT

Postby xgary » Sun Oct 07, 2007 11:29 pm

Nice looking wheels .
I would give you 50 $ fora pair of them but no more.

That 2 seater i re built last winter had cast alum. wheels that looked like someone made a sand mold of the plastic wheels and poured them.

Anyone know who made these ones ?
Shorty .............
xgary
LazairNUT

Postby uscgairdale » Mon Oct 08, 2007 7:03 am

I would love to have these for my two-place because you have to take a wing off to get at the wheels. $600 is way way out of control. It sounds like you are deciding to keep them, but if you change your mind send me an e-mail.

Dave
uscgairdale
LazairNUT

Return to Lazair parts for sale