[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
Lazair.com • View topic - February 2007 will be D-Cell month

February 2007 will be D-Cell month

Lazair Parts for sale

Postby xgary » Tue Jan 30, 2007 9:20 pm

Shorty .............
xgary
LazairNUT

Postby xgary » Tue Jan 30, 2007 9:53 pm

Shorty .............
xgary
LazairNUT

Postby xgary » Tue Jan 30, 2007 9:59 pm

Shorty .............
xgary
LazairNUT

Postby flyalaz » Tue Jan 30, 2007 11:44 pm

flyalaz
LazairNUT

Postby xgary » Wed Jan 31, 2007 6:55 am

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Shorty .............
xgary
LazairNUT

Postby uscgairdale » Wed Jan 31, 2007 7:02 am

Man, what an opportunity for people to get some really nice wings for themsleves. I'm tempted to get some d-cells just for the sake of having them. Lets see, Shortys making the d-cells, and if Tyler makes the EC pods available, and George makes all the fuse components.....that makes a brand new Lazair!

It sure is nice to have people putting forth the effort to keep these machine in the air,

Dave
uscgairdale
LazairNUT

Postby xgary » Wed Jan 31, 2007 9:44 am

I should buy that ser 3 in London to make a mold off the original pod that comes with it .

but if some has has touble buying as d cell for 1500 then a pod for 1 k might be outta the picture as well.

Also , I am thinking of make one wing -- all the 2 seater specs +

Only thing you will need to add is a u channel to bottom of each rib and a "L " bracket to spar. I have another trick for the root box as well that shoud increase that weak link by 20 to 30 % .......
Shorty .............
xgary
LazairNUT

Postby JPXman » Wed Jan 31, 2007 10:46 am

the glassman, mike mckusick will build a carbon fibre factory pod for $750 US. i have been poking around for interest in that but there is none, i'd love to get an order for 3 or 4 pods and get them done so he can work on them and have a great product. with my newfound knowledge of the EC I could make all the required hardware - its really not as bad as some people say. the pod part that moves is only held on by two bolts! its all the fittings that make the pod move that are numerous yet simple L-brackets mostly.

shorty, are you going to put in a kick spar to support the sparbox? and is that a pic of gerry's 2-seater? i heard he had a run-in with a bean field.

Shorty, people might be skeptical about your Dcells purely from your apparent abrasive nature, however maybe if you posted some detailed info about construction and a few pics of your jigs people might get on board. Also, I think if you sold a complete kit *including* covering materials that people would jump twice - having a new wing with no covering is kind of useless..... buy a roll of tedlar buddy and sell the complete package.

Tyler
JPXman
LazairNUT

Postby xgary » Wed Jan 31, 2007 1:46 pm

Pods,

Mike McKusic 750 us == 1k cdn ? or close
shiiping will kill you and courie even more at border.

D cells will be kick ass...... all will be made same as 2 seater pusa few more mods. Wing jig is 27 years old now .

I have seen other repairs done on dcells , i have another set of ser 3 that came in this week and are BEAT TO HELL . there was no explantion other than someone else did it . LOL

I won't be too abrasive -- i do use a file . <snicker>

Pics will come with specs soon with finshed product adn a few shots in between.

I tell you if you dont have a wing jig -- it would be near impossible to insert spar/ribs correctly.
Shorty .............
xgary
LazairNUT

Previous

Return to Lazair parts for sale