Lazair series 3 on EBAY

Lazair Parts for sale

Postby xgary » Sat Jun 17, 2006 5:28 am

http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie ... :B:SS:CA:1

Description (revised) Seller assumes all responsibility for listing this item.

Vehicle Description

Check out my other items!

For sale is my 1982 Lazair Series three ultralight airplane. I love to fly this plane. It is a true joy. I have literally soared an updraft with eagles. Unfortunately, I have some financial responsibilities to fulfill. Flying this plane is more fun than anything else on earth. Come to think of it, I guess it's not on this earth, and you see, I like to advertise for Jesus!

Ultralights in the U.S. are a maximum of 254 lbs., single passenger, and basically, slow. No license required! Lazair ultralights were discontinued in 1983 for insurance liability reasons. They were superior in design then, and still are, in my opinion as far as simplicity and safety. It is an insult to the designer, that these planes sell so inexpensively. Check out "Lazair" on a google search and you'll find out alot of information, about them, and the strong following of this Canadian classic. I just hope they are still so reasonably priced when I go to buy mine, or another, back. ( Notice my E-bay sign in name)

I modified this series three, being the latest model, with a Lexan and aluminum enclosure, with cabin heat for cold weather flying. It is three axis controlled, with stick and rudder pedals just like a general aviation plane. The V tail design adds to it's efficiency. The wing fabric is translucent, Tedlar. After 24 years, and 140 hours total flight time (always stored indoors) still strong. It's powered by two Rotax 185cc engines. It won't quite maintain altitude on one engine, but it will get you a lot further before you crash. I live in an area of large forests, and being the stall speed is just under 20 mph I can't help but think I could crash into the forest canopy without injury. I'd hate to wreck the plane though. Speaking of crashing, I did hit a fence on one ocasion, and a tree on another, with the right wing while taxiing. The first time I slightly bent the spar box that strengthens the wing. I repaired it so good (see picture) that when I hit the tree, at a faster speed, the force transfered to the left wing, and that spar box bent. I think I corrected the only design flaw! That tree hit also put a superficial dent in the leading edge near the end of the wing. The wings are each 18' long and remove relatively easy. I'll help anyone remove them and pack it up for travel. I transported it with the wings hanging out the back end of a van, and the rest on a small trailer. I also have two appropriately sized fiberglass floats, one is damaged, that I'll let go with the plane. That bazooka looking thing on top is a BRS (Balistic Recovery Systems) parachute, that let's the whole plane and pilot down slow in case of a control failure. (Check out this video from the 80's: "THE GODS MUST BE CRAZY, PART TWO" It shows a Lazair lowered by a BRS, and the movie's a riot) It's repack date has expired. Please contact me with any questions.

Jeff Thomas

715-354-7324

imp777@hotmail.com

2426N County Hwy F

Birchwood, WI 54817
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Shorty .............
xgary
LazairNUT

Postby yankeflyer » Sat Jun 17, 2006 8:47 am

How does this work - is this part of the muffler ?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
yankeflyer
LazairNUT

Postby xgary » Sat Jun 17, 2006 9:57 am

Quite the same as this heater here http://lazair.com/kitfox/index.php?showtopic=119

Look like a cabin heater made from adding a heat muff to the muffler
Shorty .............
xgary
LazairNUT

Return to Lazair parts for sale