Lazair II for sale.

Lazair Parts for sale

Postby nightwave51 » Sat May 15, 2010 1:48 pm

I am putting my Lazair Series II up for sale.
Reason: Retirement is coming up and I realize that even in retirement I won't have all the time in the world. I was saying to my wife that maybe I would finally have time to finish this project off, when she said "If this really was the plane you wanted, you would have finished it long before now." Women are sooo much smarter than us :angry:
The Plane: I bought it (slightly damaged) six years ago. All damage was confined to the foreward fuselage - the wings and tail feathers were undamaged. I built a custom enclosed trailer and replaced all damaged parts.
- damaged T15 repaired
- broken T22 replaced
- T45 (nose wheel axle) replaced.
- fairing rebuilt and windshield replaced
- ruddervator bushings replaced with new Delrin bushings (to reduce slop).
I assembled and checked the plane - everything is square and true.
What I didn't get to:
Engines (stock Rotax 9.5s and stock biprops) were oiled by previous owner prior to storage. They have been stored in a dry location in my basement since I have owned the aircraft and I have NOT run these engines!! However, I have no reason to believe they are not in good shape. They were oiled prior to storage and turn over easily. I would rebuild the carbs and replace points and plug wires if I were going to do the job myself, but this is where I ran out of time on the project and it got put on the back burner.
Instruments: This plane has a small instrument pod with Altimiter, 0 - 80mph ASI and a Westach twin tachometer. Again, these have not been checked, but appear to be fully functional.
How much?
I'm looking to recover my costs on this project only. Between the plane and trailer, I figure I have $4100 invested - probably a bit more if I tracked all the little bits and pieces. This is a pretty plane and deserves to be out there flying instead of sitting in its trailer in my back yard. I have pics you can see if interested.
Location: I live just outside North Bay, Ontario. Can deliver within a reasonable distance.
Mark

Picture Posted by Lazair.com Mgr.
A-709
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
nightwave51
Lazair.com Member

Postby ramasup » Mon May 17, 2010 4:43 am

Hi Mark,

I'm in North Bay tuesdays and wednesdays.
Please call:
Larry, 497-7756, office in North Bay, 705-484-1263, home in Orillia area
ramasup
Lazair Newbie

Postby nightwave51 » Mon May 17, 2010 5:16 pm

Hi Larry
What hours are you in the Bay? You can email me at rmbridge@sympatico.ca or call me at (705) - 752-4177. Will try to get in touch tomorrow.
Regards, Mark
nightwave51
Lazair.com Member

Return to Lazair parts for sale