I need to replace my pull starters on my lazair

Post what you are looking for

Postby mmkarp » Tue Jun 01, 2004 9:36 am

Does anyone know where I can purchase replacement pull starters and/or parts to rebuild the ones I have. Mine are starting to fail and I need to get these fixed. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Please e-mail me at mmkarp@cc.usu.edu
Thanks

Marc :(
mmkarp
Lazair.com Member

Postby Guest » Tue Jun 01, 2004 10:45 am

Take a look at this link to MFG supply. Is this the type you need. The 185 engines were equipped with factory Rotax starters originally. Later when problems developed they switched to the Tecumseh starters. You can get these starters at almost any lawnmower supply as well as MFG supply.

http://www.mfgsupply.com/m/c/26-1325.html

Postby Guest » Tue Jun 01, 2004 10:58 pm

Marc,

The link that was supplied by another member looks just like the ones I purchased directly from Tecumseh to replace my factory Rotax versions. These are easy to change out assuming that these are the ones currently on your ship, otherwise you will need to manufacture some parts and get some drawings to do the upgrade correctly.

George
Utah

Postby mmkarp » Wed Jun 02, 2004 9:55 am

George, and the other replier,

Thanks for the reply, I will be running down to my local lawnmower shop today to order up what I need, hopefully installing the new parts before this weekend. George, don't forget about our ultralight fly-in up here in Logan on Saturday. We originally stated that it would be a two day event, and I will be out there on Friday but expect most will just come up for Saturday.

Marc :)
mmkarp
Lazair.com Member

Return to Wanted to buy