[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
Lazair.com • View topic - looking for exhaust springs

looking for exhaust springs

Post what you are looking for

Postby bdiedenhofen » Wed Oct 28, 2009 8:16 am

Hi,
My exhaust springs are getting pretty tired. I've looked at hardware stores, auto parts stores, motorcycle/snowmobile shops, small egine shops. No one has similar springs. Does anyone know where I might find some?
Thanks,
Brian D.
bdiedenhofen
Popular Lazair Member

Postby Shannon » Wed Oct 28, 2009 9:21 pm

If you find some that work let us know:
http://www.mfgsupply.com/m/c/02-375.html

Macmaster Carr Supply carries a wide range of springs you can look through. Search type, length, coil width, specify material, hook type, wire thickness, pull strength, ect ect ect....
http://www.mcmaster.com/#extension-springs/=49jrda
Shannon
SHANNON

Postby ozzie » Thu Oct 29, 2009 4:35 am

would the original rotax exhaust springs from the 503 582 series be the same?
remember to put a bit of spark plug antisieze were the springs contact the hooks.
BLUE SKIES AND FULL TANKS
ozzie
LazairNUT

Postby bdiedenhofen » Thu Oct 29, 2009 7:22 am

Thanks for the links Shannon, I'll see what I can find there. The 503, 582 springs are quite a bit bigger sadly. I was sure that springs like these would have some small engine applications, but no small engine guy could help me so far.
Cheers,
Brian
bdiedenhofen
Popular Lazair Member

Postby russell » Thu Oct 29, 2009 1:59 pm

It's been many years since I was involved with motorcycles but 2 stroke motorcycles used the spring method to hold their exhaust on. Just a thought.
russell
LazairNUT

Postby Shannon » Fri Mar 12, 2010 8:22 am

Brian did you ever source some suitable replacement springs ?
Shannon
SHANNON

Postby gdewsbury » Sun Mar 14, 2010 9:37 pm

I got springs direct from a local manufacturer last summer. If there is difficulty getting replacements I can ask what they want for a bulk buy. The springs I used were a shelf item. To get the price break the order would want to be 100 to 200 pieces.

Cheers
Glen
gdewsbury
LazairNUT

Postby bdiedenhofen » Mon Mar 15, 2010 6:59 am

I've been pretty busy all winter and haven't had a chance to look around yet. Last time, I checked small engine and automotive supply shops and noone had anything similar. Mine are all getting pretty stretched out, so I need six. I'll start looking again soon. Glen, it's good to know that you found them and that they are a shelf item.
Thanks,
Brian D.
bdiedenhofen
Popular Lazair Member

Return to Wanted to buy