Lazair story

General Messages Post you pics as well

Postby ozzie » Mon Jan 04, 2010 4:15 pm

I was surprised last night to find an Email from Dan Grunloh who is the editor of the new EAA 'Light Plane World' newsletter. He has asked me to write a story about the search and rebuild of my Lazair. So i stayed up late last night and hashed out a couple pages on it and have included a few photos of it and some of the early aussie ultralights i had experience with.
Of course all the good people here at lazair.com got a good rap as without your help i would never had finished the project.
something to keep an eye out for if it's printed.
regards
ozzie
BLUE SKIES AND FULL TANKS
ozzie
LazairNUT

Postby ozzie » Mon Feb 08, 2010 3:18 am

ozzie
LazairNUT

Postby russell » Wed Feb 10, 2010 4:48 pm

Very interesting story Ozzie. Thanks for sharing.
russell
LazairNUT

Postby Chappy » Wed Feb 10, 2010 7:09 pm

Steve,

Very nice article. How many Lazairs have you located over the last few years? Do you know if any Lazair in Oz Land has been fitted with the 185's?

Chappy
Chappy
LazairNUT

Postby ozzie » Wed Feb 10, 2010 9:16 pm

Hey Chappy, over the last few years i have found 6 series ones. 4 in Victoria and two in New south Wales, three of the Victorian ones were located in the area that was devestated by the bushfires last year. good chance they may have been destroyed. now that you have mentioned them i must try to contact the owner but he was well into his eighties when i spoke to him 5 years ago.
Wayne has one series three and i know of at least two others owned by a guy called John who pops up now and again on the yahoogroups site asking about redrives for the Rotax engines he lives not far from Wayne but he is a bit secrective as they are not registed. So mine is the only "legal" one around that i know of. When Wayne gets his up and running that makes two legal ones. The other guy has not done any work on his two since he got them. one has no engines. There is also one completed two seater that was owned by a rich guy called Kerry Packer (he was the richest man in Australia) he had a collection of ultralights but he died a couple of years back and his estate and son refuse to reply to my letters. I tried to visit his estate but the guy at the gate refused to even pass on my name. I also belive there is another unbuilt two seater near where Wayne lives. but have had no leads on that as yet. Dan also did a bit of editing t my story that leaned towards mine being the only one around.
Ozzie
ozzie
LazairNUT

Return to Lazair - General