Where is everybody gone

Where is everybody gone

Postby lazair » Wed Jan 22, 2020 4:59 am

With Yahoo group shutting down does anybody want to use this forum in place of it
lazair
LazairNUT

Re: Where is everybody gone

Postby JPXman » Mon Apr 27, 2020 1:40 am

I still check in from time to time!
JPXman
LazairNUT

Postby Shannon » Sat May 02, 2020 10:00 pm

I'm still trucking along fooling with Lazairs as always. I got an hour in the Lazair yesterday !!!! Meh, people come and go with Lazairs...that's the way it's always been. Anyway, like Papillon yelled when he was floating on that raft "I'm still here you Bastards!"

Gene is reportedly now building "Lazair" parts. Dale shelved the eLazair some years ago (reportedly caught on fire), David LeGrand is no longer rebuilding and selling Lazairs on ebay, Mike Mckusick has sold his Lazair(s)and got out of flying, Bob Chapman is no longer heard from, Ozzie passed away and the guy that got his plane(s) had some crashes that mangled them up proper. Hosts of others have apparently come and gone with Lazair flying. There's either a ton of Lazairs laying around stored or people are flying them and you just don't hear about it. George had to sell his Lazair with the economic down turn. A former Dealer in BC "Fletcher" says there's a lot of Lazair action going on up there but nobody posts videos of it on YouTube. I've pulled my videos off YouTube until I get some better ones made to upload. Too busy flying rather than fooling with that. Oddly there's always been a few Lazairs for sale here and there and of recent the supply of used planes/projects has literally dried up. Rarely is a Lazair seen for sale on Barnstormers, Ebay, Craigslist, ect. I don't know maybe Lazairs are just a thing of the past now, a relic, antique, part of days long gone by. I'm going to keep flying mine as long as possible I can tell you that much. What a bargain in flying...$5hr. I'm thinking about testing some of those Atom 80 paramotor engines on a Series II I picked up a few years back. That would be interesting ! I don't know the 185's are just so damn reliable and you can get anything for them from WaterAxe maybe I'll just forget that idea and go fly.
Shannon
SHANNON

Postby Shannon » Sun May 17, 2020 4:45 pm

When I get the time (soon) I will be found at a new group site here (link below). A link to LazairUltralights IO will be provided when I post new YouTube Videos in the near future (hopefully). This site is dead...ByeBye !

LazairUltralights IO

https://groups.io/g/LazairUltralights
Shannon
SHANNON

Postby JPXman » Sun Jun 21, 2020 3:21 pm

very sad to hear Ozzie passed away. I will meet you over at the new group!
I am in the process of learning to weld properly, and am building a trailer for my lazair.

I have a friend selling a series II locally in Edmonton, Alberta if anyone is interested email me at lazairtyler "at" gmail.com. Airframe and 185's, one wing needs recover - prob get it for $1200 canadian. if you just want the airframe I would gladly buy the engines and you can have the airframe and split the cost.
JPXman
LazairNUT

Postby lazflyn » Tue Oct 13, 2020 5:07 pm

I guess life happens. I've had a lot of changes myself happen, but I still am enamored with these little airplanes. I find myself wanting to buy another one and get flying Lazairs again.
If I had known George was selling his, I would have bought it in a heartbeat! I lived in Utah, so I saw it in person and it was perfect.
I will go over to that new forum and say hi. I just wanted to say hi here as well. I have lurked a little on here from time to time, missing the discussion, information and seeing what people were doing with their planes.
Sorry to hear about Ozzy. Happy to hear Shannon just flew recently. I wish I would have seen you Shannon while I was living in Arkansas for a bit.

Mark
lazflyn
Popular Lazair Member

Postby trimjim007 » Thu Oct 28, 2021 11:06 pm

I Haven't checked in here for a couple of whiles because I sold my Lazair. I sold my Lazair about 3 years ago due to health problems and now I REALLY miss it. So I would like to purchase another. Anyone know of one for sale? I live in California and I am willing to travel. I purchased my lazair up in Washington and later traveled up to Oregon for parts. I never found anyone else in California with a Lazair. It would be Especially nice, if the Lazair comes with a trailer. I will accept almost any condition. I can rebuild having been taught by some of you guys. I am retired now and don't have as much resources as I did before, but love will always find a way. :-)

Years ago Tyler helped me rebuild my Lazair and I will forever remember that kindness. I cannot believe he was willing to sent parts of his Lazair to me while he was rebuilding his. He sent parts of his Lazair for me to copy, all the way to California to someone he didn't know. Wow! George, Ozzi, Shannon, Dave Herron and others helped me also. I can't remember the name of the guy in Australia who helped me a lot?

Anyway with or without a Lazair, I will check back in here from time to time. Sorry to hear about Ozzi. You guys are awesome.

Jim Doughty
trimjim007
Lazair.com Member

Return to Lazair Pilots Lounge