[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
Lazair.com • View topic - Looking for a source of 1" tubing

Looking for a source of 1" tubing

Listings for Ultralights for sale as well as Homebuilt Aircraft. Post your info, pictures Contact info. This service is Free to All Aviation lovers.

Postby lazair3ca » Fri Feb 06, 2009 10:54 am

I need to rebuild T10 on a series II Lazair. I can only find 0.065" and 0.058" wall thickness in 1" tubing. I need 0.062" giving 0.875" ID. Does anyone on the list have a source for 1" 0.062 wall 6061-T6 in eastern Ontario.

Thanks,
Bill
Bill
C-IHMS
lazair3ca
Popular Lazair Member

Postby uscgairdale » Fri Feb 06, 2009 7:19 pm

Bill,

.065 is super close to .063. With only three thousands of an inch difference I would think that would be just fine. If not, you would use some sandpaper or something on the inside to take it down a bit. If you do that, don't forget to use some alodine or equivilant to protect the tubings surface.

Dave
uscgairdale
LazairNUT

Postby barrystrs » Sun Feb 08, 2009 9:10 am

I don't know what part you are building, but the reason they make the tubing .058 thickness is so it will slide together with a good fit. If it were a perfect fit it would never go together. On one of my previous UL the wing spars were sleeved tubing. They used .049 wall tubing, I can only assume it was to make the tubes slide together easier on a long length.
barrystrs
Lazair.com Member

Postby Chappy » Sun Feb 08, 2009 8:44 pm

Bill,

My records show that my series 1 was supplied by Ultraflight with a
pair of 1" X .058" X 56.25" long, 6061-T6 T10 tubes. BTW, 0.062" (edited) is
not a standard wall tubing thickness for 1" aluminum tubing, it would
be .065". Airparts in Kansas City and (my favorite) The Dillsburg
Aeroplane Works, 114 Sawmill Rd. Dillsburg, PA 17019 717-432-4589
should have it in stock too.

Also, those wall thicknesses are nominal, and can and do vary
somewhat. As the dies used in the manufacturing of the tubing wear,