[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
Lazair.com • View topic - Lazair Floats

Lazair Floats

Lets see who know what

Postby huronflyer » Wed Mar 08, 2006 12:37 pm

Sinking feeling.

I was getting excited about possibility of floats on my Series 3, Rotax 185 (with P-tips), empty wgt c. 250 lbs (pod windscreen), pilot c. 165...

My floats look like a possible bad investment now, paid too much they were cracked (BTW that is fixable could add compartments); theyare the original Ultraflight ones. Looks like they may be TOO small for my series 3, which sucks.

I could really user floats if you could see where I live, but not at the expense of sinking and no climb, the hills around me are over a 1000' high.

I guess the one consolation is the lazair does not sink right away, so if necessary I could ditch near shore. Maybe that is my best route until I can clone Dale's method and afford bigger engines.

Daver
"the other dave" CYEL
huronflyer
LazairNUT

Postby daver » Fri Mar 10, 2006 9:38 am

"daver" kind of nutty nickname, but my son-in-law is David, my neighbour is Dave,
and I decided to toss out ole Dave...besides "daver" is my GTR FIA racing handle(:
Flying the Lazair is too slow on sim!

I am grateful to everyone who has sent encouragement and I hope I have not missed thanking anyone.

Perhaps I will haul my floats down to Mike in Michigan, if I can find the time. There are quite a few float guys around here who may be able to help me.

First, its get C-IIII airborne on my new turf, er water, rocks & trees; you will see I have become slightly more positive adding WATER to rocks & trees. In fact Bill's
comments that a Laz will float has given me a whole new sense of funky confidence. I may not pursue the parachute option as ASAP; rather a May West and perhaps one for the plane too(: Plus a PLT.

I hope to hape a report this weekend, "Gentlemen start your engines" for C-IIII, not the sim car.

daver
daver

Postby JPXman » Sat Mar 11, 2006 5:22 pm

dave you saw the picture of my old man when he tipped in lake nipissing? i posted it somewhere here.... i'll bet that's the position a lazair would take if mishandled and the airframe stayed in tact, and i think your face would be above water too, pretty safe ;)

Tyler
JPXman
LazairNUT

Postby Bill » Sat Mar 18, 2006 12:07 pm

Tyler... My experience with mishaps on floats is anything but safe until the pilot is unseatbelted and separated from a possibly submerged seat. Have you had a mishap on floats?
Bill
Bill
Lazair.com Member

Previous

Return to Lazair Trivia