El Mirage Dry Lake, California, Jan 2005

Post any Ultralight , Aviation related events here

Postby rayjb60 » Mon Apr 04, 2005 2:00 pm

The day to see Lazairs at El Mirage is quickly approaching, as Chris and I are just about ready to take flight.

I want to do a Weight & Balance to make sure I have the 28% chord balance point right.

All thats left for me, is to rivet the tail fairing in place, and drill a couple holes & fit the wing fairings.

Chris is not to far behind and has to do a bit of covering TLC and he will be on his way as well.

Looking forward to meeting the other 9 El Mirage Lazairs that are stored at the "Ranch".

They must not visit Lazair.com since I have no clue who they might be.

I'll take pics and post them for everyone to see the events as they unfold here at El Mirage.
<H5>Nothing is impossible...Even the word tells you Im-Possible!!!</ H5>
rayjb60
LazairNUT

Postby rayjb60 » Mon May 02, 2005 6:14 pm

El Mirage Dry lake is finally dry once again....complete with cars and all manner of fast movers speeding across the Lakebed.....although the sky was void of anything but a breeze.

This weekend May 6-7 will be the one where my taxi/ fast taxi/ taxi-hop/ taxi-fly and test flight will take place.

I hope I have a good weekend of feeling out my Lazair and experiencing the joy of low and slow aviation.

I'll take pictures and movie clips and post them in the Pilots lounge after I get back.

I think Chris may be ready to test fly his Lazair, that weekend as well.

Could be the Lazair airforce dominates the airpsace at El Mirage next weekend. :P
<H5>Nothing is impossible...Even the word tells you Im-Possible!!!</ H5>
rayjb60
LazairNUT

Previous

Return to Events -- Up and coming events