First annual Utah Ultralight Fly-In

Post any Ultralight , Aviation related events here

Postby mmkarp » Mon Mar 22, 2004 1:25 pm

Yes, you heard that right, we here in Logan, Utah will be hosting the first annual Ultralight Fly-In, at the beautiful Logan/Cache Airport. The event will be held on the first weekend of June, that would be the 5th and 6th. The most important thing or rule is radio's are a must and we will be using Runway 10/28 so as not to interfere with regular aircraft usage. There is ample camping at the airport, no hook-ups, and we will be having a cook-out on the Saturday night of the event.
The two people arranging the event both own Lazairs and I think one other will be present. We don't care what type of ultralight you fly, just come and have a great time.
Any other information, please contact me at : mmkarp@cc.usu.edu
Thanks and Keep on Flying
Marc :rolleyes:
mmkarp
Lazair.com Member

Postby Guest » Fri Mar 26, 2004 12:33 am

Hello Marc,

George Curtis here, down in Springville. I'm trying to get the Lazair finished for this event, but between work, family and everything else, it's going to be close. I'd love to come even if I don't have my plane finished. I'll let you know how it's going as it draws closer.

George

Postby lazflyn » Fri Mar 26, 2004 6:42 pm

George,

Good to hear from you. It's great to hear that you are getting close to being done. Whenever you get done, we would love to fly with you. That would truly make it a Lazair jam like Shannon origionally posted. But things most definitely come up. I'm still working on mine, as is Marc. He had a wheel blow out as he was finishing up and getting ready to fly. So he hasn't flown yet. I am having trouble putting down the polishing rag. Everyone keeps telling me to quit polishing and start flying the darn thing. That will happen soon. I should be hanging the wings this weekend. Then all that is left is checking and mounting the engines. This is getting very exciting!! Can't hardly wait to pull it out of the hanger, fire up the twin baby Rotax's and get up in the air. That is the dream.

MarkDJ.
lazflyn
Popular Lazair Member

Postby Guest » Sun Mar 28, 2004 11:21 pm

Hello Mark,

I was able to get the seat nearly mounted this weekend (fiberglass seat rather than the factory one). I'll be trying to get the installation of the drag cables and throttle controls completed this week too. I will then be focused on the wheel pants. After that I will need to find a hanger at Spanish Fork Airport to set the dihedral and begin the final prep work. Still plenty to do, but I'm getting closer.

I know what you are saying. When you get so close, it's hard to be patient. I say polish that plane up and get it ready to show. I look forward to being there, even if it's only for an afternoon. If the plane is finished, I may spend a couple of days, if not I'll at least swing up and pay you and Marc a visit. I'd love to see your plane and see how my former plane 686 is holding out.

If you are still interested in seeing the plane prior to covering, feel free to contact me any time from now on, and we'll set a time for you to come down. Weekend are fine, or week nights too if that works better.

Let me know,
George

Return to Events -- Up and coming events